Led by Jane Martin, this consummate pedestrian adventure begins at the historical San Fernando Cathedral in Main Plaza and encompasses the San Antonio Riverwalk (the top two visitor destinations in Texas) at both street and river level. Learn the history of San Antonio, its growth and the development of the Riverwalk. View historic buildings and gain knowledge of the architectural history, architects and the roles both private citizens and local government have played in saving and appropriately reusing historic structures. Along the way discover public art, which chronicles San Antonio’s creative and artistic heritage.
Signup today using the form, below. We'll respond with availability for your requested dates along with confirmation of group size and payment details.
Tour meets at:San Fernando Cathedral
115 Main Plaza
San Antonio, TX 78205
- Your guide, Jane Martin, holds a Master of Architecture degree and teaches History of Architecture at San Antonio College. She is an Associate AIA, Certified Professional Guide, and Certified Tourism Ambassador.
- A world traveler, Jane grew up and has spent her adult life in San Antonio. She values sharing her in-depth understanding and appreciation for the uniqueness of her home town.
- Tours are available Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 AM – 4 PM. Summer hours are extended based on the time of sunset.
- Price: $25 per person, reservations required, payable in advance. In the event of severe weather, the tour will be rescheduled, or a refund will be given.
- For the best experience, tours are limited to small groups, 10 or less, although exceptions can be made.
- Access from street level to the river level during the tour is via stairs. The Riverwalk is ADA compliant via elevators, therefore accommodation can be requested in advance for the enjoyment of all tour participants.
- Tours last approximately 90 minutes, occasionally longer.
We apologize, but at this time, all tours have been suspended. Please check back with us for future dates.